Sinai Health System, and its affiliates, are committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to its website. We have made it our goal to maintain compliance with the highest standards of website privacy so our visitors may comfortably and safely use the site for a range of healthcare information needs.
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
Sinai Health System routinely collects information about site navigation of website visitors. This information is used only to help us monitor heavy traffic areas and to improve on user friendliness. The information collected is only on use patterns and is not linked to any personal identifying information.
- Sinai Health System does not collect any identifying or personal data on site users unless that information is submitted as part of a request for service or information, such as registering for a health program or event.
- If a user submits additional identifying information (as noted above), that information is available only to the Sinai Health System staff involved in implementing the requested activity.
- Sinai Health System does not sell, share or release any information about website users to any third parties. Personal information about individual website users, as submitted as part of a service or information request, will not be shared in any way without specific consent from the user. However, we may disclose information when legally compelled to do so.
- In cases of e-mail exchanges between users and Sinai staff the possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept e-mail messages. Therefore, Sinai Health System is not responsible for privacy of e-mail messages except those stored in our system. Information sent by e-mail to Sinai Health System will be accessed only by Sinai staff as necessary to complete the function requested by the website user.
- The servers on which we store information are kept in a secure environment, and operated by a separate company (Influence Health formerly Medseek), and are protected electronically from access by unauthorized individuals.
- All information on our website is for educational purposes only. It is presented in summary form in order to impart general information relating to certain diseases, ailments, physical conditions and their treatments. The information should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease, nor is it a substitute for professional care. Should you have any health-care related questions or suspect you have a health problem, you should consult your health-care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Reliance on any information provided by Sinai Health System’s website is solely at your own risk.
- Any changes to this policy will be reflected and effective as of the date they are posted on the website.